Dewan V.S Group of Institution’s each Institute edifice is supported with a library of at least 100 seating capacity positioned either centrally or in proximity to the department managed by a Central Library. The library has quiet and group study areas. The library has technical staff and computer including printer and a photocopier machine. These facilities are allotted to the Library for technical work.
The primary purpose of the library is to support teaching, research, academic & management programs and collaboration with others.
Library holds a rich collection of printed as well as electronic resources which include books, journals, databases, audio-visual materials, CDs, e-journals, annual reports of top companies, case studies, conference proceedings, training manuals, etc. The print collection includes general books and copious volumes predominantly related to science & technology, management and allied subjects. The Libraries subscribes to over 200 print journals and provides access to many e-journals through various databases.
The books collection
We have a collection of over 18,200 books with 1600 titles. The books covers general , science & technology management and allied areas. In particular we have substantial holdings in the following areas:
Computer Sciences & Technology
Professional Communication etc.
The Journal collection
We have 46 National and International Journals. The majority of journals are available electronically. Print journals from the year 2000 onwards are on open access shelves. Older journals are in storage and can usually be fetched by staff within one hour.
The archive collections of biographies, autobiographies, encyclopedia etc. form part of the Special Collections. Brief listings of the major items in these collections can be found through the help desk.
Internet access based e-learning space
The internet access based e-learning space .
Free book bank Facility
The Library provides books on to be studied semester subjects to the enrolled student until their End Semester Examinations.
Library opening hours
The issue desk closes 15 minutes before the closure of the library.
Faculty and Student of DVSGI only can gain access to the library from 10.00 am to 04.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Terms & Vacation
|Monday||09.30 am – 04.30 pm|
|Holidays as per Institute’s Academic
|The issue counter closes at 2.00 pm on
|Tuesday & Wednesday||Assistance available to all.|
|Thursday||Assistance available to all.|
|Friday||Assistance available to all.|
|Saturday||Assistance available to all.|
|Sunday||Maintenance & Record Keeping|
|Assistance available to all from 09:40 am
to 01:40 pm
Student can return books from Monday to Saturday.
Term and vacation may be subject to change at short notice.
- Absolute silence must be maintained in the library.
- On entering the library, the students should place all personal belongings on the racks assigned for the purpose at the entrance.
- If a book issued to the student is lost or damaged, the student shall replace the book or pay the cost within 7 days.
- Loss of a library card should be immediately reported to the Librarian in writing. New card would be reissued on payment of the new card charges.
- Violation of library rules would be dealt strictly.
- All students should return the library card at the end of their academic year and obtain a “No due Certificate” from the Librarian.
- Students are advised to keep their identity cards and library cards safe. The owner of the card is responsible for book issued against his/her name.
- It is mandatory to return the library book in time. In case the library book is lost the student either has to replace the old book or shall have to pay the obtainable cost of the book